The World’s Foremost Annual Sheepdog Trial!
Just seeing world class sheep dogs at work will literally take your breath away. But that’s just the beginning at the Soldier Hollow Classic Sheepdog Championship: the food is great and there is so much to do and see. You’ll discover unique sounds, sights and experiences for you and your family everywhere! In addition to the sheepdog trial his years planned schedule includes: • High Flying Splash Dogs • Wild Wonders Wild & Exotic Animal Show • Earthwings Raptor Show • Navajo Rug Show and Weaving Demo • Sheepdog Training Demonstrations
Just a reminder: Spectators Dogs are not allowed. Service Dogs Welcomed.
SCROLL DOWN FOR INFORMATION ABOUT DISCOUNT COUPONS, LODGING OPTIONS AND FAQ’s
Sponsors & Coupons
- Sponsor of Championship Monday: AmBank. Get discount Coupons beginning August 8th at our branches in Provo at 3670 North University, in Heber at 620 West 100 South and in Lindon at 144 South State. Click or tap this link for AmBank Information and Website
- Sponsor of Sunday’s Competition: Petersen Art Center. Get discount coupons beginning August 8th at their school in Salt Lake’s Sugarhouse. Click or tap this link for Art Center Information and Website
- Sponsor of Saturday’s Competition: Mountainland One Stop. Get discount coupons beginning August 8th at their Sinclair station and convenience store on Main Street in Heber located at 1165 South Main. Click or tap this link for Mountainland Information and Facebook page
- Sponsor of the International Food Court featuring over 15 booths: Utah Wool and Lamb Producers. Click or tap this link for Utah Wool and Lamb Information and Website
- Radio Media Sponsor: KSL Radio AM (1160 am) and KSL Radio FM (102.7 fm). Listen for event updates and promotions, or go to the KSL Radio Website
- Print Media Sponsor: Utah Media Group representing both the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News. Get details at the Utah Media Group Website
- Ranch & Dog Equipment Sponsor: Powder River Equipment, headquartered in Provo Utah. Click or tap this link for Powder River information and Website
- Official Sheep Camp: Timberline Range Camps. Click this link for Timberline Range Camps Information and Website
We invite you to come to Heber Valley and stay for the Soldier Classic at our lodging sponsor, Zermatt Resort. The Soldier Hollow Classic room rate is available September 1 – September 4 (based on availability), for just $139 per night before taxes and fees with two tickets per night per reservation to the event included! One bedroom villas are also available for $239 per night. Vouchers will be given at check-in at Zermatt Resort to be redeemed for tickets at will call. This rate is only available online. Select the link below for the Sheepdog Special:
Set in the magnificent Utah Rockies, Zermatt Resort is an inspiring four diamond adventure resort and spa that blends the finest traditions of the American West with an architectural style reflecting its local Swiss heritage. Zermatt is ready to become the hub of a truly great Labor Day Weekend vacation! In addition to the Soldier Hollow Classic, you’ll discover Midway’s Swiss Days (a Swiss heritage festival), scuba diving, boating, hiking, horse trails, bike trails, climbing, zip lines, blue ribbon trout streams and lakes, and more. Zermatt offers golf, tennis, swimming, a world-class spa, elite restaurants and a bakery. Located just 45 minutes east of Salt Lake City International Airport, 20 minutes from Park City and minutes from the Soldier Hollow Classic, make Zermatt your Labor Day Weekend vacation headquarters. Be inspired Zermatt, Where Swiss Meets West.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my dog to the Soldier Hollow Classic? Answer: No. While this is an event for dog lovers, spectators’ dogs are not allowed. An escaped dog or even just an errant bark at the wrong moment could ruin a run. You can bring your dog if it is competing in the Splash Dogs competition. Splash Dogs are not allowed in the area behind the sheepdog spectator bleachers, sheepdog bleachers or sheepdog competition areas. Additionally the following dogs are welcomed at Soldier Hollow: seeing eye dogs, service dogs, and dogs involved in official event demonstrations or performances.
Can I bring food or beverages to the event? Answer: The Soldier Hollow Classic offers absolutely great food at moderate prices and we encourage you to support our food and beverage vendors. You may also bring food and or beverages for personal consumption.
Can I bring my own chair to the event? Answer: Yes. While the Soldier Hollow Classic offers bleacher seating, we also encourage you to bring your own chairs. There are areas suitable for normal lawn chairs, and some for low rise chairs or just a blanket on the ground.
Can I bring a canopy to the event? Answer: Yes. There is an area with an excellent view on the west side of the competition that is being reserved for those who want to bring a canopy (up to 12 by 12 feet). Canopies will not be allowed in the main seating area of the event.
How do I get tickets? Answer: Tickets are readily available at the door or can be purchased in June on-line at this site. Your best ticket value is to purchase early during our Early Bird Ticket Sale, after that tickets are full price but a $2.00 discount can be achieved by visiting our sponsors and picking up a $2.00 admission discount coupon.
Where can I get discount coupons? Answer: $2.00 off Admission Coupons will be available at most of our sponsors beginning on August 8. As of this posting we anticipate this will include: Displays at all Macey’s, Dan’s, Lin’s, Dick’s, Day’s and Fresh Market’s, Diamond Rental, Mountainland One Stop and at Woolrich Displays in Dillard’s.
What about wheelchair access and access for the elderly? Answer: All activities are on a single level and nearly all may be accessed by paved pathways (everything may be accessed by flat pathway). We also have prime sheepdog competition viewing areas that are paved and flat that are reserved for those in wheelchairs to view the event from (available on a first come first serve basis)
Other Suggestions: Bring sun screen and protection (hats, umbrellas etc.). Binoculars can also bring greater detail to the hillside part of the competition. Come early! It will ensure a good seat and often the best runs are early in the day. Even if you plan to use the bleachers you might throw lawn chairs in the trunk. Often people see that viewing area and wish they had brought them (you can return to your car and be readmitted, just be sure to get your hand stamped when you do.)
How do I become a product vendor at the Soldier Hollow Classic? Answer: Last year about 30,000 people attended the Soldier Hollow Classic over 4 days. Each represents an opportunity to display and sell your products in our vendor court. We have many vendors who return year after year because the weekend is both profitable and fun! What we can promise is that we will do our part by putting on a great show and designing the event to encourage customer traffic past your booth.
If you have questions not answered here, email or call us and we will respond as quickly as possible.