The World’s Foremost Annual Sheepdog Trial!
Just seeing world class sheep dogs at work will literally take your breath away. But that’s just the beginning at the Vita Bone Soldier Hollow Classic Sheepdog Championship: the food is great and there is so much to do and see. You’ll discover unique sounds, sights and experiences for you and your family everywhere! In addition to the sheepdog trial his years planned schedule includes: • High Flying Splash Dogs • K9 Kings Acrobatic Dog Show • Wild Wonders Wild & Exotic Animal Show • Earthwings Raptor Show • Navajo Rug Show and Weaving Demo • Sheepdog Training Demonstrations
Just a reminder: Spectators Dogs are not allowed. Service Dogs Welcomed.
SCROLL DOWN FOR INFORMATION ABOUT WINNING POSTERS, LODGING, DISCOUNT COUPONS AND FAQ’s
Share #Soldierhollowclassic and Get A FREE POSTER!
While you’re at the Event getting a Free $10.00 Value Poster is easy! Just share your favorite part of the event on Facebook, Twitter or Instragram with the hashtag #soldierhollowclassic and show the post to the souvenir booth! They’ll give you their thanks and a free poster (how cool is that?). PLUS… Every post enters you for drawings for free stuff throughout the day (hats, shirts cool goods like that). It’s easy and you’re sharing a great event with your friends and family that is filled with unique entertainment and fun things to do and see! The more you post the greater chance you’ll win and everyone starts out by winning an awesome poster
LATEST NEWS: World Championship in the Netherlands. Soldier Hollow Contestants Shine!
21 of the Semi Finalists, representing 13 countries, at today’s World Championships in the Netherlands are Soldier Hollow Classic Alumni. Among those who will be at Soldier Hollow (with their semi final scores) this fall are Canada’s Scott Glen scoring 186, Connecticut’s Bev Lambert scoring 186, Idaho’s Derek Fisher scoring 177, Canada’s Amanda Milliken scoring 172, Germany’s Anita Hermer scoring 148, Texas’s Ron Burkey scoring 165, Oregon’s Dave Imas scoring 166, and South Africa’s Faansie Basson retired.
“CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!”
Make it a Weekend! Stay at Zermatt Sat. or Sun. Night just $139 / Two Sheepdog Tickets Included!
We invite you to come to Heber Valley and stay for Labor Day weekend at our lodging sponsor, Zermatt Resort. Right now you can get come to the Supreme Source Soldier Hollow Classic on Saturday or Sunday night for just $139 and get two tickets to the event included (a $34.00 value). Select this link for the Sheepdog Special:
Set in the magnificent Utah Rockies, Zermatt Resort blends the finest traditions of the American West with an architectural style reflecting its local Swiss heritage. Blended with the finest traditions of the American West, Zermatt is an inspiring four diamond adventure resort and spa. Zermatt is ready to become the hub a truly great Labor Day Weekend vacation! In addition to Vita Bone Soldier Hollow you’ll discover Midway’s Swiss Days (a Swiss Heritage festival), scuba diving, boating, hiking, horse trails, bike trails, climbing, ziplines, blue ribbon trout streams and lakes, and more. Zermatt offers golf, tennis, swimming, world class spa, and elite restaurants and bakery. Located just 45 minutes east of Salt Lake City International Airport, 20 minutes from Park City and minutes from the Vita Bone Soldier Hollow Classic, make Zermatt your Labor Day weekend vacation headquarters. Be inspired at Zermatt, Where Swiss Meets West.
Sponsors & Coupons
- Title Sponsor: Supreme Source, produced by American Pet Nutrition. Get info www.supremesourcepet.com. Get discount coupons beginning August 8th at Supreme Source displays at these Associated Food Stores:
- Sponsor of the IFA Festival: IFA (Intermountain Farmers Association) Country Stores. Get coupons beginning August 8th at store and dealer locations throughout the Intermountain West. Click or tap this link for the IFA Information and Website
- Official Outdoor Cooking Equipment: Camp Chef headquartered in Logan, Utah. Click or tap this link for the Camp Chef Information and Website
- Sponsor of Championship Monday: AmBank. Get discount Coupons beginning August 8th at our branches in Provo at 3670 North University, in Heber at 620 West 100 South and in Lindon at 144 South State. Click or tap this link for AmBank Information and Website
- Sponsor of Sunday’s Competition: Petersen Art Center. Get discount coupons beginning August 8th at their school in Salt Lake’s Sugarhouse. Click or tap this link for Art Center Information and Website
- Sponsor of Saturday’s Competition: Mountainland One Stop. Get discount coupons beginning August 8th at their Sinclair station and convenience store on Main Street in Heber located at 1165 South Main. Click or tap this link for Mountainland Information and Facebook page
- Sponsor of the International Food Court featuring over 15 booths: Utah Wool and Lamb Producers. Click or tap this link for Utah Wool and Lamb Information and Website
- Official Clothing Sponsor: Woolrich. Get discount coupons beginning August 8th at their retail partner, Dillard’s located in Provo / Orem, Salt Lake City and Layton. Click or tap this link for Woolrich Information and Website
- Radio Media Sponsor: KSL Radio AM (1160 am) and KSL Radio FM (102.7 fm). Listen for event updates and promotions, or go to the KSL Radio Website
- Print Media Sponsor: Utah Media Group representing both the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News. Get details at the Utah Media Group Website
- Ranch & Dog Equipment Sponsor: Powder River Equipment, headquartered in Provo Utah. Click or tap this link for Powder River information and Website
- Veterinary Sponsor: Willowcreek Pet Center. Get discount coupons beginning August 8th at in Cottonwood Heights at 2055 East Creek Road. Click or tap this link for Willowcreek Pet Center Information and Website
- Official Pet Snack: Vita Bone Dog Treats produced by American Pet Nutrition. Get discount Coupons beginning August 8th at participating Associated Foods locations at the Supreme Source Dog Food displays (see our Title Sponsor above).
- Official Sheep Camp: Timberline Range Camps. Click this link for Timberline Range Camps Information and Website
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my dog to the Supreme Source Soldier Hollow Classic? Answer: No. While this is an event for dog lovers, spectators’ dogs are not allowed. An escaped dog or even just an errant bark at the wrong moment could ruin a run. You can bring your dog if it is competing in the Splash Dogs competition. Splash Dogs are not allowed in the area behind the sheepdog spectator bleachers, sheepdog bleachers or sheepdog competition areas. Additionally the following dogs are welcomed at Soldier Hollow: seeing eye dogs, service dogs, and dogs involved in official event demonstrations or performances.
Can I bring food or beverages to the event? Answer: The Supreme SourceSoldier Hollow Classic offers absolutely great food at moderate prices and we encourage you to support our food and beverage vendors. You may also bring food and or beverages for personal consumption.
Can I bring my own chair to the event? Answer: Yes. While the Supreme Source Soldier Hollow Classic offers bleacher seating, we also encourage you to bring your own chairs. There are areas suitable for normal lawn chairs, and some for low rise chairs or just a blanket on the ground.
Can I bring a canopy to the event? Answer: Yes. There is an area with an excellent view on the west side of the competition that is being reserved for those who want to bring a canopy (up to 12 by 12 feet). Canopies will not be allowed in the main seating area of the event.
How do I get tickets? Answer: Tickets are readily available at the door or can be purchased in June on-line at this site. Your best ticket value is to purchase early during our Early Bird Ticket Sale, after that tickets are full price but a $2.00 discount can be achieved by visiting our sponsors and picking up a $2.00 admission discount coupon.
Where can I get discount coupons? Answer: $2.00 off Admission Coupons will be available at most of our sponsors beginning on August 8. As of this posting we anticipate this will include: Vita Bone displays at all Macey’s, Dan’s, Lin’s, Dick’s, Day’s and Fresh Market’s, IFA Country Stores, Diamond Rental, Mountainland One Stop and at Woolrich Displays in Dillard’s.
What about wheelchair access and access for the elderly? Answer: All activities are on a single level and nearly all may be accessed by paved pathways (everything may be accessed by flat pathway). We also have prime sheepdog competition viewing areas that are paved and flat that are reserved for those in wheelchairs to view the event from (available on a first come first serve basis)
Other Suggestions: Bring sun screen and protection (hats, umbrellas etc.). Binoculars can also bring greater detail to the hillside part of the competition. Come early! It will ensure a good seat and often the best runs are early in the day. Even if you plan to use the bleachers you might throw lawn chairs in the trunk. Often people see that viewing area and wish they had brought them (you can return to your car and be readmitted, just be sure to get your hand stamped when you do.)
How do I become a product vendor at the Supreme Source Soldier Hollow Classic? Answer: Last year about 30,000 people attended the Supreme Source Soldier Hollow Classic over 4 days. Each represents an opportunity to display and sell your products in our vendor court. We have many vendors who return year after year because the weekend is both profitable and fun! What we can promise is that we will do our part by putting on a great show and designing the event to encourage customer traffic past your booth. Use this link to download a 2017 Product Vendor Application. and get complete details and requirements.
If you have questions not answered here, email or call us and we will respond as quickly as possible.